Re: MOWOG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOWOG
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 31 Oct 1995 10:02:16 -0500
In <09627b70@cc-mail.pica.army.mil>, Jerome Keller wrote:
>     "MOWOG" appears on a lot of bits in our cars, and stands for
>     MORRIS-WOLLESLEY-MG.......the cars these bits are used in.

OK, folks, let's get it straight.  I have seen three incorrect posts
on this.

It's Morris-Wolsely Group.  Not Wolsey, not Woosley, not Wollsely.

Sorry, it's the pedant in me (no, that's not to do with little boys).

                A. B. Bonds
"The addition of properly designed metal to a structure cannot but
help to improve its performance and its aspect."  Modern Locomotive
Construction, 1892.