MG 1100's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG 1100's
From: Railroad@gnn.com (Glen Wilson)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 1995 19:52:39
Denise,

I cannot take the oath because I'm still the Head Honcho at the often dormant
North American Silly Car Registry and there might be a perceived conflict of
interest causing unrest among our membership.

My MG 1000 is, however, named ERIC and I always add a good dose of MALLARD
when filling up.

I have actually taken my car out onto the Interstate recently, driving in
excess of the legal speed limit (at least according to the little red tape in
the speedo).  The engine smokes like a son of a gun mostlikely indicating
(according to a local MG engine guru) that my rings are got stuck while the
car was waiting for me to find it.  There's only 49,000 miles on the car.  I
have to hold it in first gear when I start out, but I have a replacement
transmission.

The car APPEARS to be rust-free until you pull up the carpeting.  All the
structural places (like under the rear seat) seem to be fine, but there is
some rot by the front wheel arches.  Sills are pretty good.  The car is
Conneaught (sp) green with 4 doors.  I'd like to fix it up because I think it
wouldn't be such a tough job, but I don't really have a good inside place to
work on it since the pristine 100E has to stay in the small but carpeted
garage.  Maybe if you mailed me some photos of your cars, I'd become inspired
and find a way to do it.

Glen Wilson

I live near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

'59 English Ford 100E Squire Deluxe Estate (Excellent Original)
'67 MG 1100 Saloon (Runs & Drives)
'66 MG Midget (Really Nice)
'66 MG Midget (Solid Project Car)

The last three are definitely for sale.
The first might be for sale, but who would pay what it's worth?

Thinking about buying a nice Rover sedan by Spring...