Re: auto verrs left & right

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: auto verrs left & right
From: woodcomp@vt.edu (chris lenth)
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 1995 14:31:45 +0500
edo@mails.imed.com writes:

>     When traveling at about 40 or more and you let off the accelerator,
>     the car seems to veer to the left. Upon acceleration it will veer to
>     the right. It feels as though the rear of the car is shifting one way,
>     then the other. I also notice that the gear shift moves from left to
>     right when you let off or give it more gas. this seems to indicate
>     that the transmission is shifting in relation to the body of the car.
>     I have mentioned this to a few people and it has been suggested that a
>     motor mount may be loose.

I agree with Ray on this one, when I bought my 73B it did the same thing.
Unfortunately, I had test driven it only at moderate speeds with the DPO in
the car (stupid, I know).  I think his considerable bulk disguised the
problem, as I didn't notice the on/off thottle movement until I was almost
home.  Turned out to have a broken leaf spring.  New spring, no more wiggle
waggle.  Hint: If you've got a broken one, replace both rear springs at once
to prevent lopsidedness.  Hope this helps!

chris lenth