MGB Swivel hub bushing.

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG's)
Subject: MGB Swivel hub bushing.
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 10:59:12 -0500 (EST)
  I want to get people's advice about getting the swivel pins rebushed for
my MGB.  I see that from TRF I can order a whole swivel pin assembly
pre-done for me, with the rest of a front suspension kit for about $300, or
I can get all the pieces from TRF (or wherever) and get the rebushing done
somewhere else.
  I've called one place that could do the reaming for me and the guy quoted
me $288 for just the labor, assuming I supplied all the parts.  Well
obviously, if this is going to be the case everywhere, I may as well just
get the kit from TRF.  I was kind of surprised, as usually if you skip these
"pre-done kits" with the big guys you save big $$$ (Like sending my shocks
to Apple Hyd. instead of buying rebuilts from TRF saves me something like
$200).  Perhaps this guy was just quoting high, I've got a few more places
I'll call and see.
  What is everybody elses experience with this?

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit