MG 1100, Farina Magnettes- Different?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG 1100, Farina Magnettes- Different?
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 1995 14:55:52 EST
Hey everyone...
   I've been reading about those 1100's, and am wondering what the
difference between an MG 1100 and the Farina MG Magnettes.  I have an
old MG ad, and the 1100 is cheaper than a 'B, but more expensive than
a Midget, and a Magnette is more expensive than a 'B.  (The 'B is
like 640 and the Magnette was about 805... all in pounds ofcourse!)
    I have come across a Farina Magnette, that has a rebuilt engine,
completely re-worked body, all new suspension, and just has to be
painted, then engien put in, and some tarting up in the interior, and
it would be an excellent car.  Any ideas on the value?   (in dollars)

    If the MG 1100 is like an Austin 1100, the Magnette has a huge
trunk added on to that.

                         John