Re: Are You Preapred?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Are You Preapred?
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 21:45:02 -0500
Gary R. Burrell P.Eng. (burrelgr@tuns.ca) asked:

>Now that Nova Scotia does not require a front licence plate I'm looking
>for a source of British Style plates to go on the front of my car.  Moss
>used to sell them but they aren't in their new cataloge.  Any U.K. members
>know of a place.  How much do they cost to have made up?

    Call Moss.  They still sell them, to my knowledge.
    BTW, even in states where front and rear plates are
    required, British style plates that match your "real"
    plate number are OK on the front.

    Antique cars in most states are allowed to use antique
    plates, and one applies to one's DMV for the paperwork
    to match the plates one wishes to use.  The British
    style plates fall under this law (at least in Virgina).

    Just to be safe, I have both offical plates bolted on
    the rear in a "sandwich".  If some cop wants to make an
    issue of the unusual plate, and my xeroxed copy of the
    regulation (folded into my registration case) does not
    settle the issue, I can always change plates on the spot.

    No one has ever questioned me in over 10 years, and I have
    obtained the same vanity plate ("2LOW2C") to match my British
    look-alike plate (from Moss) in each of the states of FL, NC,
    NH, MA, and VA.

Scientists and Engineers try to make the future some sort of theme park.
Humanist Intellectuals wish the future did not exist.
Ecologists point out that the future may not exist, after all.

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com