New to MGs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New to MGs
From: BNoffke@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 08:45:08 -0500
I am new to both AOL and this mailing list. I am an owner of a 1963 MGB which
I am rebuilding( third owner since operational). The car is near completion
on the structural rebuild, but now I must take on the electircal system. My
car, as recieved from the previous owner had a 12 volt battery installed; I
suspose it was modified from 6 volt positive ground to 12 vold negative
ground. How is the best way to confirm this? The generator on the car has a
12 V stamped on this outside - does this indicate it is a 12 volt generator?
Also, if it was modified from 6 volt to 12 volt what all is necessary to
change?

Thanks in Advance for your help.