Re: Tire pressures & safety (fwd)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire pressures & safety (fwd)
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 13:16:51 -0500
>On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Eric Lund wrote:
>
> In regard to tire pressures, how can one be sure that the gauge is
> correct?  I use a VDO gauge that cost a small fortune, and assume it is
> correct, but how can one really be sure.

> What is the experience of others on the net with gauge accuracy?  What
> makes seem to give the most accurate readings?

    Well, the little pencil-shaped pressure gauges are grabage.
    Ditto for any pressure gauge built into a gas station's air hose.

    If you are paranoid, take your VDO gauge down to your local tire
    vendor, and compare his best one with yours.  I would assume that
    ANY gauge that has a round disc-like dial at the end of a short
    tubular section would be "fine", in that these are true instruments,
    and not cheap junk.

              I work the day shift at the Idea Factory

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com