Re: Fuel pump & keeping my MGB original...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pump & keeping my MGB original...
From: craigw@sonic.net (craig wiper)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 17:12:31 -0800

>   I have a 1977 MGB that I am restoring in my spare time, but I've run into
>a problem.  The original fuel pump is unusable but the cheapest "original"
>replacement that I can find is over $400 (us).  Is there any way that I can
>use a standard universal fuel pump and still somehow keep the car in
>"original" condition?
>

>-Chris

Special Interest Car Parts sells new SU fuel pumps for MGB's. I bought one a
couple of years ago from them. It looks identical to the one I pulled off
the car, but it works all the time. Haven't had a lick of trouble with it.
The best part is that Special Interest Car Parts price right now is around
$70.00 US. Give them a call at:

800-851-5600 or 800 556-7496

They are based in Rhode Island. For awhile orders under 20 lbs. were being
shipped 2-day air at their expense.

Good luck!

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net