MG Backup Lights

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Backup Lights
From: lawref@lawref.com (Ernest E. Gilbert)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 06:38:26 -0800
The transmission used in the MGA and slightly modified for the early B
(through 67) had no switch provisions for backup lights. The first time a
backup light switch appeared was on the new all-syncro trannie used from 68
on. The wiring harness sold by Moss for the 67 is the same one sold for the
68 and the wires are there for the lights. Same for the OD harness which has
the wires from the main loom to the trannie, but no switch on the 67 and no
provision for it in the casting. The only switch on the early B casting is
the 3rd/4th sensor for the OD. I really tried to use those extra wires when
I rewired my 67 last month. My 68 does, however, have both backup switch and
lights.
Ernest E. Gilbert
lawref@lawref.com
http://www.lawref.com/lawref/