RE: I bought a MGB '67

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I bought a MGB '67
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 18:08:00 -0800 (PST)

 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: I bought a MGB '67
Date: Tuesday,November 28,1995 3:43PM

** Reply Requested When Convenient **
I would like to thank everybody who gave me the expert advice
considering the MGB I had to "choose" from:
Subject: (MGB '69 better than '67)

Most agreed that the overdrive should be the decisive factor. Well, I
bought it. (After a small testdrive to check if the O/D was working:
WOW!)

Does anyone on this list have the telephone number of MOSS Europe?
I tried the number mentioned in the "MGB Guide to purchase & DIY
restoration" but I think it is not correct anymore. I need it for
getting a parts catalogue.

Another question: After a check of the suspension I found out that
the "B" I bought doesn't have the Amstrong lever arm shocks, but tube
shocks on both axles. The tubes are coloured silver/lightblue. Is
this the famous SPAX conversion?  (I'm sorry but I have not examined
it closer yet).
Sorry, no that would be the Monroe gas shock conversion kit.

Thanks,

Bert Otten
MGB '67 "GHN3/100469"

Nederlands Normalisatie-instituut