Electronic ignition pickup coil

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic ignition pickup coil
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:32:49 -0500
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement pickup
coil for my distributor?  I have the later type electronic ignition
with the separate amplifier (distributor series 41813).

The pickup coil is actually ok, but one of the wires inside of the
distributor is broken.  Soldering in a splice is a temporary solution.
The problem is that the leads have to flex when the base plate
rotates with the vacuum advance.  Having a stiff soldered section
(actually two because I had to splice in a short section) puts extra
stress on the wire next to it, causing it to break.  Aside from
the inconvenience of having the wire break unexpectedly, I am
eventually going to run out of wire to spice to at the coil end.

BTW, I have the Crane/Allison replacement system but I really
do not like the way it fits.

Any suggestions or sources of supply would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Schauss
pschauss@aol.com
1980 MGB