The Nut At The End Of The Steering Column, and Wrench

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Nut At The End Of The Steering Column, and Wrench
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 12:41:12 -0500
    Shel Bercovich warned:

>Whoa! Easy does it. :-) If I may suggest: Using a ratchet to "break" any
>nut or bolt is dangerous, first to the ratchet, and second to the hands
>that hold it.

        True.  A "breaker bar" would be a better choice than a ratchet.
        Sorry, I rarely need a breaker bar, as I am a constant user of
        anti-seize compounds. Wonderful stuff.

>On Fri, 22 Dec 1995, James Fischer wrote:
>>     The "Nut At The End Of The Steering Column" is not too hard to
>>     remove, IF one buys a proper HEX socket for that size nut.
>>     A hex socket, NOT a 12-point is the key.
>>
>>     The proper socket is a big deep fellow, and is most likely a
>>     1/2" drive socket.  You need not buy a 1/2" drive wrench, as
>>     adapters that plug onto a (more standard) 3/8" ratchet wrench
>>     are available for the 1/2" drive sockets.

An updated version of "A Christmas Carol" would still have Marley's
Ghost visit Scrooge, but it would be BOB Marley, playing a calypso...

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com