FYI: Rusty nuts & bolts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: FYI: Rusty nuts & bolts
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 96 23:04 EST
Just found a product that frees rusted nuts & bolts better than anything
I've tried from the auto and hardware stores. It's called "RUST REPELLENT"
sold by the rust proofing outfit "RUST CHECK". It comes in a red and silver
airisol can with english on one side and french on the other. My body shop
man recommended it, and it has freed bolts on my TD that I had given up
on. This stuff really penetrates and does not seem to evaporate like other
products I've tried. You only need to apply it once.

This is my own personal non-scientific opinion, and would like to hear other
recommendations. I think this is a very important topic for those of us
trying to restore old cars.

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD under restoration