Re: Door Alignment

To: Mark Cook <Mark@HS.BE.WEDNET.EDU>
Subject: Re: Door Alignment
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 16:35:47 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Mark Cook wrote:

> I have a quarter inch gap between the bottom of the door and the door
> sill.  The doors needs to be pull in tighter against the door jam.  The

> any adjustment that would pull the bottom of the door in tighter against
> the jam or should I look into buying new hinges?

  MGB doors are adjustable in several places; the upper and lower
  hinges may be moved (independantly) about a half inch to pull the
  door farther into the opening.  To do this, loosen the 4 large
  screws securing each hinge and wiggle the door a bit; if it moves
  *great*, if it doesnt, you will need to remove the splash panel
  inside the front fender and loosen the large nut securing the hinge.

  You might get away with just moving the striker on the B-post to pull
  it in farther.

  Good luck...

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.