Re: removal of locking gas cap

To: bmoyer@marauder.millersv.edu
Subject: Re: removal of locking gas cap
From: "Frank Sperling III" <sperling@hooked.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 14:43:52 +0000
I bought my 79B from a chap who had a locking gas cap.  He didn't
have the key...said his wife did and told me to contact her.  She
said she didn't have the key (they were getting a divorce and I think
they weren't communicating real well).  Needless to say, i had a
quarter tank of gas  and no way to get the gas cap off.

I removed the cap and filler tube from the car and then drilled out
the lock and removed the cap.  Didn't drill while it was on the car
cause I didn't want to cause a spark nor did I want to drop metal
filings in the gas tank.  Bottom line, the gas cap came off and the
key to the cap is undoubtedly sitting in his or her drawer and they
don't know what it's for.