RE: Oil Pan Tightening

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Pan Tightening
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 96 14:19:37 PST
Chris Reichle responded to Bob Nafie's question:

> You can usually get a snap-on brand wrench in there because they're really
> slim in that size, not too bulky. I've heard about people bending the open
> end of the wrench like the closed end is to facilitate tightening the bolts.
> You could also jack up the engine gently to give a little more space

Snap-on (possibly others) also makes a wrench with a socket mounted on a hinge
on one end and an open end of the same size at the other end.  Since there's
no ratchet mechanism taking up space, the socket with handle is only about
3/4" long.  The hinge allows the socket part to be inserted lengthwise and
then tilted up onto the head of the bolt.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com