Re: I started something, didnt I?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I started something, didnt I?
From: jason palmer <jpalmer@ilinkgn.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 00:22:03 -0800
I have to agree. When VW was pumping out rabbits in westmoreland, PA, the cars
were called chevy
chevettes. No soul. We see how that experiment ended up. I would hope to think
that technology,
both for manufacture and materials are at the point that the cars will have the
woodgrain-leather
feel of British cars. (Hopefully, not the plastic-vinyl of my 80B.)

BMW hasnt had its reins on Rover long enough to show what it can do. Ford on
the other hand let
Jaguar build its new car with its history buried within it. Except for the
blower, its almost
exactly what I would expect if Jaguar's fortunes hadnt fizzled.

If BMW wants to gets its Rover's worth, they will NOT alienate the people who
buy british cars
for its british-ness. A rebadged/decontented 3 series hatch called a Mini will
not sell here or
anywhere. I hope that Rover learned its lesson when it put MG badges on metros.

I still cant believe that I have again defended BMW. Where are the keys to my
quattro......