mgevents

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mgevents
From: DRDED@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 21:16:39 -0500
1996 is going to be an events packed year. Are you ready? Here are some of
things I'll be doing (and some I wish I could do) this year. If you see
anything that is of interest to you please repond . I'm also interested in
other northeast events so let me know what your clubs are planning for this
year.

1\27 British car flea market Norristown Pa. Bring your spares for trade or
sale. 10:00 AM  638 Markley st.(Rt.202)  nifo call 610-356-4409
2\9 MGCCLIC monthly meeting\tech session 8:00pm Integrity Mobil 539 Fort
Salonga Rd.
Northport, N.Y.
2\10 MG tech session outing 12:30 " preparing your car for restoration" 110
Henry St.
Freeport, N.Y. conducted in shop noted for British body works.
2\17 AACA car show, auction, swap meet Atlantic City Convention Center N.J.
Dave B. has arranged for coach bus from L.I.E. Park and Ride.
2\24MGCCLIC outing: Tour\Tech session British Motor & Coach 2-12 Flower
Fields Industrial Park, Staint James, N.Y. 12:30. Info call Tom 516- 584-7202

3\9 MGCCLIC outing: Tour of Joe Curto's legendary S.U. & Stromberg
restoration shop
22-09 126th St. College Point, N.Y. 12:30
3\16 MGCCLIC outing: Tour of Jimmy's Garage 225 4th Ave., Bayshore, N.Y. He
is currently building MGB & TR6 based on British Heritage body shells. 12:30
3\23 MG tech session " front ends" conducted in shop Tyrolean Motors 389 Fort
Salonga Rd. Northport, N.Y.
4\14 Spring Dust-Off: MGCCLIC and Austin Healy Club in conjunction with
Jaguar Club at The Three Village Inn, Stony Brook, N.Y.
4\14 Special Interest Car Parts Spring Fest 1340 Hartford Ave. Johnston R.I.:
venders, parts discounts and door prizes. Info call 401-831-8850
4\27 Moss Motors All British Marque Day Hamilton Business Park, Dover, N.J.:
Venders, parts discounts, car show, raffles
5\11&12 Carslie, Pa. car show and giant swap meet
5\19 N.Y. region SCCA "Sweet 16" Annual Concours, Planting Fields Arboretum,
Oyster Bay, New York  Alot of nice cars but not to many MGs
6\1&2 MGCCLIC "British are coming" All British Car show, swap meet, rally and
funkhana. This show is a must do event!!! Great people, food, prizes and of
course cars. Catheral Pines Park, Yaphank, New York
6\26-30 "MG Indy International Meet 96" the event of the year, I would if I
could
8\9 - 8\11 Roadster Factory, Armagh, Pa. I've been hearing alot about this
one, all good.
8\13-18 Atlantic 1000 Rally, Rochester, N.Y.
8\18 ? MGCCLIC Annual Vanderbilt Concours on the breath taking grounds of
Vanderbilt Mansion over looking Long Island Sound. Great show w\ great cars
8\31-9\2 Vintage Races, Concour and swap meet Lime Rock Park, Ct.
9\20-22 "British Invasion", Stowe, Vermont
9\28 "MGs on the Rocks", Rocks Park, Maryland. One of my personal favorites.
Lots of MGs, food, venders and awards
10\14 Westminster car show,  Westminster Vermont on the grounds of MG car
Museum. Show, venders, food
10\19 Moss Motors fall version of spring extravaganza
10\20 MGCCLIC Fall foliage tour. Approx. 3 hr driving tour through Long
Island's north shore, Gold Coast, ending at an eatery for informal brunch

My name is David Deutsch . I own 1975 and 1977 MGBs which I drive. I also
have a 1979 which is going thru a complete restoration inclusive of chrome
bumper conversion. I'm a member of MGCC Long Island Centre, NAMGBR, British
Motoring Club of Southern N.J. & American MGB association. The only things I
love more than my cars are my wife and sometimes my childern .

For more infomation E-mail me at DRDED@aol.com or Fax at 516-794-8123 or
contact MGCCLIC Vice- Chairman Dave Blackwell at 516-475-2889