colorful subject

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: colorful subject
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:26:33 -0500
Fellow fiends:

For the record, I wish someone would paint their B black.  I had plans to do
that with the '63 but in the 11th hour I blinked--with my early style disk
wheels a fellow persuaded me I'd need wide-WSW tires (I had to agree but I
just couldn't do that).  In fact, Iris Blue was my first pick but my wife
*vetoed* that one.  So much for the gender theory.  I still think a black
car would look great, with a red interior with black piping.  Match that
with painted wires and you have something you won't see coming towards you
on the autobahn.  Tough-minded folks may argue that it wasn't a factory
color; in fact it was!  Its just that virtually no cars were produced in
that color.  Talk about colector's item!  Another underutilized color: black
tulip.  That looks good on Midgets.

Will "ohmygod, not another red MG?" Zehring