Re paint types

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re paint types
From: v.bromfield@uts.edu.au (Vaughan Bromfield)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:16:37 +1100
Folks

TATERRY@aol.com said...

>PS:  I would like to see a thread on the pro's and con's of the various types
>of paint especially the new ones, some of which are water based.  I used
>acrylic lacquer when I painted the car myself,  very non chip resistant.
> After the wreck the pro used Centari which is much more chip resistant  and
>seems to shine just as much.

My 92 H*nda Civic is painted in ozone friendly what-have-you water based
paint. A lovely rich red that you can scratch with your finger nail, even
after three years of drying.

I guess of you want a really environmentally friendly car finish, go for
polished aluminium or stainless steel (was it the DeLorean?).

YMMV.

Vaughan

| Vaughan Bromfield                  |                         |
| Education Consultant               |                         |
| Information Technology Division    |                         |
| University of Technology, Sydney   |  Phone:   (02) 330 1990 |
| P.O. Box 123                       |  Fax:     (02) 330 1169 |
| Broadway  2007   (Australia)       |  V.Bromfield@uts.edu.au |