Re: Water pump and rebuilt carb refitting

To: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Subject: Re: Water pump and rebuilt carb refitting
From: "Frank van Dalen" <F.vanDalen@LR.TUDelft.NL>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 16:02:56 +0100
John,

I think in this rare case things ARE as simple as they seem! Even I had no
trouble replacing the pump and carbs on my '69 B. Drain the cooling system,
remove the rediator, untighten the fanbelt (alternator bolts) and remove pump.
Remove gasket residu using your multi purpose screw driver. The thick paper
gasket that comes with the pump works fine in my car, no extra sealant req'd.
The gaskets on my SUs came away intact; replacing them is all you need to do.

Frank van Dalen