TD story

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD story
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 96 13:36:27 PST
All this talk about whether MG's will start after sitting reminded me of a
story.

Back when TD's were still being made, a brand new TD was sealed in a time
capsule.  20 years later (maybe 25) the TD was raffled off and the time
capsule was dug up and opened.  Yup, after gas was put in the tank, the
car started on the first crank.  The happy raffle winner drove off.
Everyone else standing around ragged on the lousy paint job and debated
whether parts of the car were original or not.

Just in case anyone doesn't believe this, I heard the story from someone
who was there and I can get details if necessary.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com