RE: How Do You Keep the GT from rusting

To: MR JOHN P ELWOOD <WJAD81D@prodigy.com>
Subject: RE: How Do You Keep the GT from rusting
From: Roe <proe@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 19:28:54 -0500 (EST)
Hi John, Sorry I'm so long to reply to your note. As I mentioned the 80B
was obtained by rust free when I got it last year being a Texas car. It
starts up real nice every day this winter I guess due to the low mileage
(68000) and a rebuilt Stromberg carb that I was able to obtain
cheap.Everyone swears by Webers but this Stromberg at least for the past
6 months has been fabulous. The original Stromberg had a maual choke that
leaked gas therefore was happy to put the original water type of auto
choke on the car.The car starts up after a few cranks, runs rough for
about a min then settles down real smooth.Does anyone have a later model
B that runs smooth for the 1st minute or so when the engine is warming
up. Just want to see if the autochoke is adjusted properly.Regarding the
rustproofing-not sure if I mentioned this but-I plan on spraying the
whole undercarriage with oil from my paint compressor that'l stop that
rust!By the way whereabouts do you live in NH?-I lived near Lowell for
about 20 years until I recently got married & moved to eastern LI.
Well best to keep it MG talk as I hate alot of extra chit chat.
By the way have a '67B which I really love, both the 80 & 67 have their
merits. Really enjoy having a real early one and a later one. The '67
needless to say is for summer driving only. Keep in touch.Phil...