Re: Warmers, part 2

To: NICL@sedproc.cr.usgs.GOV (Geoff Hargreaves)
Subject: Re: Warmers, part 2
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 13:31:47 -0700
Well I sent off your message, and then I remembered your comment on the
drain plug. Radiator?
For some reason, my car doesn't have one (71 BGT) but the engine drain plug
was plugged at one time.

You may want to consider flushing the system, especially if you are going to
remove the lower radiator hose. You can also purchase a cleaner at any
automotive store - there is a powdered version (oxalic acid) that will clean
out rust and other material. It also comes with a neutralizer after you use
the acid. Then you can flush the system and add new antifreeze. This should
improve the heat transfer of your coolant system and heater.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html