Style? (not really LBC)

To: bc <british-cars@autox.team.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Style? (not really LBC)
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 14:28:35 -0800 (PST)
Hello Everybody,
One of my favorite things (here at work) is reading and writing to this list.
I have only one small gripe that lessens my (and probably others' too)
enjoyment. Some people have no respect for this communication medium. I
am referring to people who hack their thoughts into the computer and hit
the send button without even looking over what they have just written.
Repeated/left out words, no punctuation, etc.
I am not even referring to spelling, some people can spell and some can't
(most composers even have a spellchecker built in). No, I'm talking about
the attitude that email doesn't count somehow. Would these same people
write a letter in the same style, not read it over, and just send it
off? They probably wouldn't.
Posts written with this attitude are not only very hard to read, often it
is impossible to catch the author's drift, to follow his train of
thought, to understand his request for help...
This cannot be in anybody's interest.

One last example that really shows this lack of respect for the medium
(and for its users/readers?) is the practice of writing in lower case
only, even at the beginning of a sentence. Very irritating (to me at least).

I know this does not relate to LBCs, but I think it is not too much to
ask that everybody glances over his/her document before hitting the
send-button...

So, now it is off my chest, I am bracin' for a flamin'...

Ulix

                      sprite                 caddy