Heated Garages?

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Heated Garages?
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 96 10:55:35 -0500
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, W. R. Gibbons wrote:
> As far as heating garages-- I find it isn't a good idea to keep your daily
> driver in a heated garage; the heat really speeds up the oxidation of
> steel.  If you put your snow and salt covered car in a heated garage, it
> practically disappears before your eyes.

Good point, Ray! If a car has been in a heated garage over night, and you
drive out into the cold in the morning, the warmed air in the rockers
(for instance) cools and condensation occurs. This means that every day
you will have moisture in your rockers!
I would use a heated garage only if I didn't drive my car through the
winter.
Ulix

                      sprite                 caddy