New Fuel=More Power?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New Fuel=More Power?
From: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 15:43:38 -0800
There was an article on the front page of Friday's Seattle Times
about a new wonder fuel (must have been a slow news day). I was
wondering if anyone knew anything about it, such as anti-knock
qualities. LBC content: I sure would like to pump up my MGB's
compression ratio to 10 or 11:1 or so, and clean up the atmosphere
in the process.  This fuel,  called A-21,  is a blend of 55% naptha,
45% water, with traces of lubricants, anti-rust and anti-freeze
agents. The process of keeping the naptha and water from seperating
was invented by a fellow named Rudolf Gunnerman of Reno, Nevada
(USA), who is backed by the Caterpiller Engine Division. It is claimed to
work in any spark or compression ignition engine, with only minor
conversion (new spark plugs in the case of automobiles), and can be
produced at a fraction of the cost of gasoline.  Tests showed a 60% drop
in EPA-monitored emissions with slight improvements in horsepower
and mileage. It has been approved for use in Nevada and is awaiting
approval by the US Dept. of Energy.

Regards,
Jerry Causey