No Go

To: mgs@autotox.team.net
Subject: No Go
From: "enb@usa1.com" <enb@usa1.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 13:59:43 +0000
I cannot get 73GT Started.  This all began a month ago.  Just before
a big snowstorm, I started the car up to keep the battery charged.  I
pulled the car out into the driveway after temp was normal.  It ran
for a couple of miutes than died.  Would not restart, and I noticed
that the fuel pump(Purolator Solid State) was not clicking.  I pushed
the car back in the garage and did not try to restart, although I
turned the ignition on and the pump was clicking again.  On
subsequent retries the pump would  not make its normal sound, but
would hear some faint noise from it.  Fuel is not reaching the
filter.  I topped of the water level in the battery, and did get more
of a sporadic  response from the pump, however not enough to move
the fuel.  I hooked up jumpers and the car turns over but still no
fuel.  The battery has lost power after continous tries to start.  Is
this a problem with the pump?  Is the fuel line frozen?  Or is the
battery the culprit?  I use to run two six volts, now running one
battery instead.
Newell Burke, Worcester, Mass.