A90 was '52 Alvis FOR SALE

To: BLECKSTEIN@shell.monmouth.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A90 was '52 Alvis FOR SALE
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 02:43:32 -0500

>1950 Austin A90 Atlanic before one can say they have seen it all.

Hi Mike, catching up on my mail as I have been in the pearl of the Orient,
Taiwan for the last week.....!

There is an old couple here who restored a A90 Atlantic convertible to
pristine condition, it is so grotesque that it is Beautiful as only some
British car are!  Like my Mayflower...anyway a couple of years ago, we
entered the Mayflower in the local Lafayette Concours which likes to think
that they are a little "Uptown".  In our class was the Mayflower of course,
the A90 and a fabulous Jag X? Drophead, a 1948 anyway....The Jag came equiped
with mechanic who shined nonstop all day and went through a box of Qtips
cleaning the trailered in car while the owner sat under his very large
umbrella sipping wine.

The old gent wanders over to our chinzy Taiwan folding picnic table and sez
that the Jag gent is his arch enemy on the Concour trail and that he has been
trying to beat him all year but hasn't....The judges finally made their
rounds and went over the Jag and the A90  throughly...The Mayflower, well
they had never seen one before!  My wife forgot how to turn on the headlights
but that is another story..... Wouldn't you know it, they gave the A90 First,
the Jag Second and we got Third of course...The Jag gent was furious and
promply lit into his Mechanic for the loss...what a scene...I loved it!!  A
little Concours goes a long way, lets go touring!
Terry

BTW, Alvis made some very handsome cars before the War and there used to be
an Alvis restorer on this list, Richard Smith, but I think the recession in
England got  to him....