Re: Brake Fluid Loss

To: MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid Loss
From: Andrew Gibson +44 1634 816918 <andrew.gibson@gecm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 09:34:49 +0000 (GMT)
Good Morning,

Thanks for the replies regarding my brake fluid loss.  Yesterday evening I
pulled the vacuum pipe off the inlet manifold and managed to get some brake
fluid to run out of it, so my guess was correct.  I'll order a repair kit,
which costs over 40 UK pounds over here ($60) as it includes the big rubber
diaphragm.

The brake servo was offered as an optional extra in the UK before '74.  A '70
BGT I had many years ago didn't have one.  It's a remote servo unit (only
hydraulically connected to the master cylinder), fitted at the back of the
engine bay on the opposite side to the master cylinders, same side as the
carburettors, that's the left side in my RHD car.  I would have thought that
LHD cars would have had the equivalent space on the right side, or did they
put something else there?

Andy

'69 BGT
'75 Mini 1275

Who needs brakes anyway?  They only slow you down!

Andy Gibson
GEC-Marconi Avionics
Rochester, Kent, U.K.
andrew.gibson@gecm.com