Re: MGA Manual & Tools

To: JenSten@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA Manual & Tools
From: Don Mathis <tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:37:40 -0500
At 07:36 PM 2/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I am looking for a couple of last accessories to complete my '56 MGA -- an
>original owner's manual and a tool roll.  If anyone happens to have either of
>these items laying around the garage, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
> Thanks!
>
>Jennifer

Jennifer,
if you will call 616 457 4482, British Tool Company, they will send you a 1
page brochure with a good picture of an MGA tool kit.  You can make up your
own kit by sewing the cloth, and looking for the tools separately.  Moss has
the 3 piece tubular socket set which looks like it needs to be painted
black. The pliers appear to be standard and availible at Kmart or Ace
hardware.  The screw driver appears to be a standard except for a blond wood
handle.  They also sell the tools separately so if you can't find the
adjustable wrench for example, you could order it from them for $21.50.
According to his brochure, there were at least 6 different tool kits for the
MGA.  Good luck

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
Member of Technical Staff

LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES