Wooden dashes...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wooden dashes...
From: FirDarreg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 00:36:59 -0500
Fellow Worthies (including Bradley at Ohio State):

I've seen adverts for the wooden fascia covers for 'Bs, but only for the late
(77+) model fascia. If there's a kit out there for earlier (74-76) model, I'd
like to know about it. I may even offer to test-fit it and report back here.
;)

As far as I know, all of the B's had metal fascia (dashboards), but the trim
covering them differed markedly from model to model.  The early B's had very
little covering them in some places, and had a full-metal fascia all the way
from the bulkhead (firewall) to the inserts for the gauges.  Then, they had a
padded 'rail' on top under the windscreen.  The later B's, like mine, have a
metal frame and metal deck under the windscreen, but have a plastic fascia
piece where the guages go.  Does this sound right?  Is this what you were
after?

ckr
75 MGB 'Rags'