Re: Painting you own car at home

To: Railroad2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Painting you own car at home
From: Cheryl Ann Dorrance <cdorranc@mail.llion.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:04:04 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996 Railroad2@aol.com wrote:

> excerpt <

> but is the private owner working on his own car really at risk?  This auto
> paint supplier cited cases wherein the individual's equipment was confiscated
> and fines up to $50,000 applied.  What's the experience of the list on
> painting your car at home?
>
> Glen Wilson

I suppose it depends on where you are. Here (Missouri, USA) there are
quite a few guys that paint their own cars in their garage. I've never
heard of anyone being fined or having their stuff taken away by OSHA.
If so, there would be alot of guys sitting on there floors crying because
their equipment was gone!:-]

If they are going to crack down around here,I hope they wait until I get
mine finished...