Spitfire bolt-on wire wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire bolt-on wire wheels
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:41:36 -0500
___________Mark Jurras wrote________________

>> >I will be towing this vehicle from Colorado Springs to Halifax Nova
>> >Scotia - about 3200 miles.
>
>Do yoose guy's remove the drive shaft when you go these distances??
>
>- -Mark

Only when I did not feel like taking the car out of gear.

I towed a 58 MGA from West Texas to Pittsburgh, PA and several years later
from Pittsburgh to St Louis with the tranny in neutral with no problems.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA