RE: TD Wiring Question

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TD Wiring Question
From: "Palmer, Lew" <Lew.Palmer@uci.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 96 09:58:00 PST
>Does the speedometer cable, starter cable, 12V battery lines,
>and horn wires all go through the same one inch hole on the
>right hand side of the firewall (right next to the horn)?

>Bob D.

Bob -

I just had a look at my TD (1950 LHD). Here's what I found...

speedo cable - no, mine comes out of a hole on the drivers side of the
inside of the battery box. This may not be correct, as this lookes like a
home-made hole. However, the cable is routed through clamps located on
either side of the battery box mounted to the bolts at the top edge of the
lower firewall. These look very original. But remember, I have a left-hand
drive car. If yours is RHD, it may well exit through the hole on the right
side of the firewall.

starter cable - no, this exits the dash area through a 1/2" hole on the
right outside edge of the battery box. Immediately below this hole are two
more holes through which the starter switch bracket mounts.

horn wires - yes

12 V battery lines - If you mean the two brown leads attached to the hot
side of the starter switch, then yes.

horn wires - yes, for the right hand horn.

fuel pump (white) wire also comes through this hole.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com