air pump queries

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: air pump queries
From: Chuck_Ciaffone_at_WG-RAL@smtp.wg.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 96 07:41:06 EST
     >My 70 B was stored for 14 years.  Back on the road again, the
     >air pump quit working.  Can I rebuild it?  Where should I
     >route the lines for best running. Thanks for any help.
     >Matt

     I removed the air pump on my 72 midget.  Disassembled it and
     removed the vanes.  Then I (with much difficulty) disassembled
     the body and cleaned and greased the bearings.  Reassembled it
     (without the vanes) and stuck it back on the car.  Works great
     now! 'Course it don't pump no air.  But whose checking?  The
     inspection folks just want it stuck on there with a belt
     turning.

     If you want to remove it altogether, remember to plug the holes
     in the head with some solid allen-gead plugs (3/8, as I
     remember).

     chuck