Voltage Stabilizer again

Subject: Voltage Stabilizer again
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:32:54 -0500 (EST)
So far I have seen responses that say "Mine is steady".

Good for you!

But it is NOT the bimetallic strip-based stabilizer mentioned in the
original message (or original response to the message).

The steady ones are solid state.

Think about the size of capacitor you would need to smooth a 1 Hz 8 volt
oscillation.  Or, if you prefer, if you use a regulator after the strip
why bother with the strip??

I will grant you the following:

1) The oscillating one is definitely on the 69 Spitfire, with Jaeger
gauges.  It may or may not be on the 73 MGB with Smiths gauges, since I
haven't had a problem with those (other than the usual fuel sender rot).

2) I don't remember what year the original car in question was.  It could
have a solid state one for all I know.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Plumber's Rule #3: Don't bite your fingernails."