TD does not like choke

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD does not like choke
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 22:30 EST
I have been restoring an old TD. I have rebuilt the carbs, set the valve lash,
set the timing, new plugs, new coil, new points, compression checks ok, etc.
As far as I can tell the engine is running fine, although I can't take it out
for a spin yet to really test it. But one thing bothers me, when I start the
engine it doesn't want any choke at all. If I pull the choke out the engine
runs very rough even though the engine is cold. By cold I'm talking about
room temp
in a heated garage. I haven't tried to start it outside in the winter yet.
Is this something to worry about? My MGB always wants some choke when I
start it, even in the summer.

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD under restoration