Re: manufacturing error (was MGB temperature)

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com
Subject: Re: manufacturing error (was MGB temperature)
From: Mike Lambdin <E720LAM@TOE.TOWSON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:26:19 -0500 (EST)
Many years ago I worked, for a short time, at the General Motors plant
on Broening Highway, here in Baltimore. A prank some of the assembly
line workers would pull was to put empty soda cans or lose nuts and
bolts in the doors or other body cavities...of the cars.

Just  their way of annoying the folks at the dealerships.
(And management wondered why the imports became so popular.)

Mike Lambdin  *give me a British auto any day*

Ulix told a story:

> I once read a story of a guy who replaced everything under his hood to
> keep his car from overheating, and got so frustrated that he eventually
> pulled the engine apart, only to find a rag in a water passage that had
> been forgotten in there in the factory...

A friend had an MGC that ran just fine.  One day, he removed the intake
manifold and discovered that it had been cast with a thin sheet of metal
completely closing off the intake to one cylinder.  It was at least ten,
maybe fifteen, years old at this point.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com