Re: manufacturing error

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: manufacturing error
From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.attgis.com
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 96 13:37 EST
 A few years ago when I lived in the UK, there was a humourous story
published about some of the pranks that used to go on at the Dagenham (Ford)
plant in the UK.

The one I always remember is of an owner continuously coming to the Ford
dealership complaining about a rattle in the car every time he went round
left and right hand corners. The dealership went to great lengths to try and
find tha cause of the rattle, and spent many weeks and test drives to try and
elimiate the problem.

Anyway many years later and probably on its 100th owner, the car was finally
sent to
the scrap yard. As the yard men are cutting up the body, a 3/8" bolt falls out
of the boxed part of the chassis. Attached to the bolt was a small tag with
the words "So, you finally found me"

gerry