Re: Shooting troubles (or Tribbles?)

To: bc <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shooting troubles (or Tribbles?)
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 17:34:34 -0800 (PST)
I think David wrote:

>Is there spark? I pull a plug, turn the car over, and look for spark.

Now, I was able to follow you until this point.
But now? How in the world am I supposed to turn over my car? Do you have
any idea how much that sucker weighs?! Do you use the OEM jack for this?
And, once I have it turned over, isn't it going to scratch the paint on
my trunk? (I don't have a roll bar).
Also you forgot to mention that the radio antenna should be lowered first!

Then, you "look for spark". Hmmm. So I'm turning over the car and
at the same time I'm looking for spark. Is this "spark" (whatever that is)
just going to fall out? Will it get damaged when it hits the floor?
Should I try to catch it?

Oh, I forgot, I'm supposed to "pull a plug" first.
But won't that let all the smoke out of those "Lucas" appliances
under the hood?

Puzzled in Seattle

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy