Top Down In the cold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Top Down In the cold
From: baker@islandnet.com (Jack Baker)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 96 07:41 PST
 A friend and I attended the NAMGBR event at Lake Tahoe last year. We drove
from Victoria BC and return with the top down all the way.  We always travel
that way because we love it. About 50 miles North of Reno, while being fried
by a strong wind and much heat we noted a huge thunder cloud ahead, just
about Carson City we ran into this storm. Traffic wasd stopped in all
directions and visability was poor, we did not stop but ran through a hail
storm, with hail the size of grapes. At sixty MPH we kept up a chorus of ooh
ow ooh ow, that stuff hurts when just wearing short sleeves. After the hail
came heavy rain. Some one asked why we didnt put the top up. We told them
that we had learned that if you leave the door open a crack you wont drown.
Very refreshing.
JackBaker
75MGB
85 ZXT