Rear wheel bearings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear wheel bearings
From: Bob McDonald <mcdonald@San-Jose.ate.slb.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 96 15:25:59 PST
 I just got started with the rear wheel bearing replacement on my 67B. This car
 has the early "banjo-style" rear axle. Things were going along well until
 I ran into the removal of the bearing nut that holds the rear bearing into
 the hub. This nut looks like it's about a 2" nut. None of my local auto
 parts stores carry anything this large. Has anyone else "been there done
 that" before. Do you recall the exact size of this nut. Also will a hub
 puller be required to remove the hub once I get the nut off. BTW this car
 is equiped with wire-wheels. Thanks in advance.