Re: Clutch/Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch/Midget
From: maury.murray@br-ranch.org (Maury Murray)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 06:36:46 GMT
    >      Spongy pedal still! Can't get it in gear with out grinding.

    >      What am I doing wrong? What Have I over looked?

   Alan,

   I'd wager my last can of brake fluid that your problem is
   air.  Don't be in any hurry to tear into the clutch.

   Spridget clutches are extremely difficult to bleed.  The
   hydraulic line to the slave cylinder runs vertically, so
   you are trying to move air bubbles downward as you bleed.
   I had the same problem after my last rebuild.  Finally I
   became a little(?) irritated and rapidly pumped the clutch
   pedal a few times with the bleeder closed.  It has worked
   ever since.

   Good luck.

   Maury (who will make you a very good price on used brake fluid)