RE: Car Stereo

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Stereo
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 01:38:00 -0800 (PST)
I have a pioneer CD player with detacheable face that puts out 22 Watts X 4
to two 4 1/2 inch speakers in the door panels and two enclosed speaker
housings which sit on the rear deck. They are secured with 3/16 " vinyl
covered steel cable which has been doubled over and clamped inside the
speaker cases and through the back wall into the trunk. The rear speakers
are those plastic pioneer combo speakers which have a tweeter, mid and low
range in them ~$100. In the 80 B, I just mounted the stereo in the hole
where the original one was. I am considering adding a low pass amp to the
line out with a decent woofer for low end punch. It's loud enough to hear
over my Monza exhaust at any speed and it's pretty good quality sound.
Surprisingly, the CD player has never skipped (Pioneer DEH 415 $250) and I
have tried to make it skip... You don't need to have the speakers in the
front but it does help to round out the sound a bit. The nice thing about
the POioneer speakers is that they can be added without cutting up your car.
My sister used to lock them in the trunk before I became the new owner and
cabled them in permanently. The cables are not visible and no one has taken
a shot at the CD player or the speakers over several years. People love to
disassemble the lock cylinder on the glove box even though it's never
locked. I think they're too stupid to figure out that you just press on the
button to open it. Hope this helps...

Christopher Reichle