HF story in Discover

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: HF story in Discover
From: NICL@sedproc.cr.usgs.GOV (Geoff Hargreaves)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 11:08:59 -0600
For those that wish to look up the article in Discover that I alluded to
yesterday, it is in the April 1996 issue of Discover, in Vital Signs on
page 88.
For the record he was using a bottle of Industrial Laundry Rust Remover.
However if you check the SOL tech pages under CLEANING ALUMINUM
(http://www.team.net/sol/tech/clean_al.html) ,# 12 for etching Mag wheels,
they use Phosphoric and  Hydrofluoric acids.
Thats the fisrt time I have heard of HF being used for cleaning.
OK maybe I was a bit hasty in putting this out, but I think the warning
still holds.
Thanks for being tolerant,
Geoff