MGB cooling results.

To: MG list <mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: MGB cooling results.
From: "James D. Howard II" <jhoward@argus.lowell.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 12:37:06 -0700 (MST)
You may recall that my 67 BGT was overheating on the highway when there
was no traffic and it was only 75 degrees out.  It turns out that 90% of
the tubes in my radiator were blocked.  I am surprised it did as well as
it did.  Also, there were these little acorn like things inside it and
the heater core.  I had the heater recored and I bought a new radiator
from Moss.  The six bolt holes in the radiator did not quite line up.  I
was able to get four in, and I will either enlarge the other two, or put
a smaller bolt through.  I learned the hard way years ago that you need
all those bolts.  I was lazy after a clutch replacement, and only put a
few in.  When driving on a dirt road, the radiator bounced aroung enough
that it got trashed by the fan.

Cool runnings,

James Howard    jhoward@argus.lowell.edu
NPOI            Flagstaff, AZ