stupid comments about MG's (was: Timing question)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: stupid comments about MG's (was: Timing question)
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 96 11:16:46 PST
Jay Tilton said:

> Then you have the twerps who are slaves to what their computers tell them.
> "It has to be a Midget.  That's the only model listed under MG."
>
> I wonder how things would have gone if you owned a Pegaso.

Try asking a parts store clerk for parts for an MG 1100.  Even if they know
about MG's, they don't believe that MG ever made a sedan.  The only thing
that makes it worthwhile is when they ask me what size the engine is and I
get to look at them like they're stupid and say "1100."  But at least I no
longer have to convince them that "guruls" can work on cars before they'll
sell me a part.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com