BOUNCE mgs: Admin request

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE mgs: Admin request
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 00:27:38 -0700
The 'mailbox' and 'address' keywords must have marked this as an admin request,
when it really isn't.

mjb.
----

    Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 22:59:11 -0400
    From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (MG Guy)
    Subject: Doin' That Engine Thang

Yo! Haven't been 'round for awhile due to several reasons..
a) 'net provider change, and subsequent mailbox problems. Note new address.
b) Thing called work. aka employment, aka MG funds
c) Bad weather. Bad, bad weather
d) neighbour's glances at the '71 GT parts car
e) large greasy lump of an engine arrival - yippee! :-)

My long awaited, found it on the 'net, rebuilt engine and *overdrive*, been
waiting since before Christmas, engine arrived in a well shipped, greasy,
oily mess. Just how I like it!

Set to a major degreasing, in a garage, in the middle of winter. Did it by
hand (talk about anal retentive :-'

Immediately discovered that the front engine plate had to be replaced with
the one from the expired engine. This one's from a '72, and there's
different mounts for the '77. Love these little diversions.

None the less, as I'd intended to replace the oil seals, this allowed me to
go a little deeper, and inspect the timing chain & adjuster et al. Also,
I've found that taking each part off, cleaning, painting, then reassembly,
makes for a much nicer finish. I'm basically done. Did the engine in black
(ala '77 engines) but paid attention to little details like bolt heads,
mounting brackets etc. Have polished and finished with Eastwood's 'Nylak' -
a clear coating claimed to be good to 300 F. Helps keep natural metal
looking good, gives a nice contrast aginst the black engine. It's going to
look sooooo good in the newly restored engine bay (also..lottsa attention to
detail & authenticity).

Now if only the rest of the car looked that good! It's a 'rolling
restoration', the daily driver (seasonal), so it's goijng to take awhile to
reach the level of my other two cars...but, that's why and how I ended up
with the thing.

Next on the agenda, clutch replacement, transmission reattachment (ordered
an alignment tool, is this a commitment?) and targetted installation by the
weekend of the 27th!

By the way folks, what is LBC?

Another exciting piece of news, may cars are in cyberspace! Our local club
has a homepage at WWW.cfn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html. The
*British Automobile Touring Association of Nova Scotia* is an organization
comprised of all manner of British marques. Check out our home page. I'm in
the gallery....

Terry
mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com......<- this'll be new...
'70 BGT